Wish List

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Yellow and blue together are perfect for an Easter card...

I really love  this color combo. It just seems so fresh and springlike to me. I used some Tim Holtz distress inks (Broken China and Mustard Seed Yellow) for the flowers. They were stamped with a Sizzix/Tim Holtz stamp and cut out with the matching die.

I added some liquid pearls to the centers for a little added dimension. I was actually surprised at what a difference this little bit of added dimension made to the look of the flower.

The flower stems were stamped directly onto the scalloped rectangle (cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die), and then the flowers were popped up on some foam squares.



A little more of that pretty gingham paper, another scalloped rectangle and a yellow flower with a couple of ribbon tails on the inside.

I actually didn't have any yellow ribbon other than some 1/8" stuff, so I colored a piece of 1/4" white ribbon with my yellow Spectrum Noir marker. It worked perfectly, and gave me the ribbon I needed in just the right color.

Have you ever colored ribbon with an alcohol marker? You can color white, of course, but you can actually color any ribbon as long as the marker you're using is a darker shade than the ribbon. I've even colored black and white patterned ribbon with markers.

The inside sentiment on my card is some lovely word art from Hannelie (Desert Diva). You'll find her blog here and her Easter sentiments here. I really love her work and have been using it a lot on my Easter cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great colors and I love how you popped up the flowers.

Hannelie said...

hi Cheryl!
I am back from my small break!
Such a lovely Easter card. I love the blue and yellow color combination. It looks so fresh!
Thanks so much for your kind words and link to my blog... so kind of you!
Hugs... and a blessed Easter to you and your family!

Lesley said...

This is fresh and pretty! Love the white scalloped rectangle.