Wish List

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Wedding gift decoration...

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am attending a wedding this weekend. When all I had on hand to wrap the wedding gift was this pink (Very, very pink! And some red!) wrapping paper, I thought I should do something a little different from the usual ribbon bow to decorate the package. Here's what I made:
I cut the flower and leaves using my Flower Shoppe cartridge. I inked all the edges of each layer of petals with Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink and added a red dot (melted pony bead) to the center.

Here's what it looks like on the package:
The pinks actually match better IRL. They're still not exactly the same, but I think they look okay.


It's always fun to experiment with paper flowers this size. I think the biggest layer was 4.5", and each additional layer was a little smaller.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I love seeing how you can use your equipment for other accessories. It gives the machines that you use more versatility. pj

Anonymous said...

It has been some time since I took the time to leave a comment on your cards so thought I would do that tonight as Hubby is sleeping and I'm sitting here by myself so to speak.
Was great to see you over the weekend and hope that you enjoyed yourself. The sad thing with the dances is the noise level which makes it hard to visit esp for us that have some hearing problems. Just wanted you to know that I always check out your cards and enjoy so many of them. You do a super job and I'm amazed at all the ideas you come up with to fit the occasions and to go along with all the personalities. Keep up the good work. pj