Wish List

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Stolen (intellectual) property...


This is a Halloween card design that I stole, swiped, lifted, borrowed from my sister. She had made a similar card and posted it on Facebook, so I decided to copy, emulate her. It's a great way to use up a lot of card scraps and even stickers. The scalloped squares were cut with a Lifestyle Crafts nesting die. It was just the right size for this design!

The "Trick or Treat" square in the bottom center is a sticker, and all the other little embellishments (bat, skull and crossbones, spider, etc.) are stickers.

For the center strip, I adhered some orange glitter tape to some patterned paper, which I cut just wide enough to evenly separate the two rows of squares.



My black card base was not as sturdy as I would like, so I lined both the top and bottom of the inside with patterned paper. I fussy cut an element from a Halloween card kit that I had and added it to the top. For the bottom, I stamped "Happy Halloween" and adhered a couple of candy corn dimensional stickers.

This is definitely a quick way to make some nice-looking Halloween cards - fun, too. Thanks again, sis, for a great idea!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Cute, fun card. I like the different patterned papers on the squares.