Wish List

Friday, September 5, 2014

Yellow and turquoise card and a fabulous deal from a crazy store...

I made this card recently using one of my favorite color combinations: yellow and turquoise. The flowers were stamped and cut out using a Sizzix stamp and die set. I love this set and use it often.

The label was cut and embossed with this die:


I got this set for something like $3.00 from the Cricut website when they were having a mega sale. I didn't know if I'd use it all that much, but for $3.00, I figured it would be a good deal even if I used it only very occasionally.

While the label was still in the die, I inked it with the same ink that I used for the flowers. I thought that this larger label and the flowers made a nice focal point for this card.









Here's a little closer look at the label. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed, using some pretty turquoise embossing powder.








The label was adhered to the card with some double-sided foam tape that I got at a crazy local store called Ax-Man. It has all kinds of crazy stuff for sale at reduced prices. My husband and I were strolling through this store one Saturday afternoon, just for fun, and I came upon this:
A HUGE wheel of double-sided foam tape. I've put my A2 card on it so you can see the relative size.

And the price was a mere $2.95!  The best part is that it is really great quality with superb stickiness on both sides. I've gotten inexpensive foam tape before with very little stickiness - so aggravating.

I'm thrilled with this purchase, however, and will be using this stuff for months and months. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Well, that's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

I love the color combination Cheryl!Love the shiny embossed centre dots of the flowers too! Ads a great touch!

designbydonna said...

Isn't it fun to find such great buys? I love the flowers. Pretty color combo.

Julie Koerber said...

Cheryl, I had to laugh at your "find" of foam tape! I had a friend send me two rolls of something similar. That was a year ago and I'm not even close to half way through the first roll! Not even close! So, I think you'll be using this for YEARS! Fabulous creation as well -- love that cheery blue and yellow combination!

Shanna said...

That roll of tape is HILARIOUS! Cute card too! I'm LOVING turquoise lately!

Diane said...

What a fun idea and love the design.

Hugs diane