Wish List

Saturday, October 18, 2014

You're becoming a classic...

I needed to make a couple of a couple of masculine birthday cards in the past month, so here's what I came up with. This one was for my brother who turns 66 this year. I thought that the "Route 66" sign would be perfect, given his age.

This one is for my SIL who is nowhere near 66 years old, but really enjoys classic cars. I think he'll like the classic look of this red convertible. I also made the envelope beneath the card. I liked the chevron "tracks" on it, and since it was from the same stack as the cracked yellow DSP, the colors coordinated perfectly.

Both the Route 66 sign and the convertible are images from the Nifty Fifties cartridge. I love that cartridge, and it has some great images that work well for those oh-so-difficult male cards.


Here's a little peek at the interior of the first card. The inside for the second one is much the same. It's simple, but I think it works with the card front. The sentiment is computer-generated, and the font I used is called Magneto. I think it looks like one a car manufacturer might use in its ads.

That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

designbydonna said...

Cute cards. That red convertible is awesome. I like the "crackle" effect background which adds to the aging theme.