Wish List

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Baby shower card...

This past weekend I was invited to attend a shower for my nephew's first child. They have decided not to learn the baby's gender until the birth, so the gifts - and cards - needed to be somewhat neutral.

Earlier this year my friend Nadine, who lives in Germany, sent me some baby pram die-cuts that she had cut with a Marianne Creatables die. When I was sorting through the items on my work desk, looking for some inspiration, I came across these die-cuts - one pink, one blue and one yellow. I decided that the yellow one would be perfect!

I used one of my Spellbinders Heart Circles dies to cut the white background for the pram. I added the teal with white stars paper to the pram hood to make it look more like a real pram where the hood folds down. A few teal-colored gems finished the front of my card.


This card is 5" X 5" - just the right size for my Circle Hearts die.
















On the inside, the sentiment square was cut with a Spellbinders Marvelous Squares die. Along with a tiny bow, it added a nice finished look.

The shower was great, but I couldn't help but wonder how I was able to raise my own kids without all the paraphernalia that young parents seem to "need" nowadays. I'm not sure I could afford to raise four kids if I were starting my family now!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Patti J said...

This is perfect! Love the pram...what a nice friend that you have! Glad you shared with us! Hugs...

designbydonna said...

Sweet card. At a niece's shower, I joked that babies don't need parents so much as battery changers.