Wish List

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving cards in a hurry (and have you ever heard of lefse?)...

Because we arrived home from our 7-week-long trip on October 31, I didn't have much time to get a few Thanksgiving cards made and sent--after I unpacked, that is. I was surprised at how long it took me to "get back into the groove" of card-making.


This card design was very quick to make, and I love the fall design of the Darice embossing folder that I used. I simply cut three strips of Core'dinations cardstock in different fall colors and put them side-by-side into the embossing folder.

After embossing, I sanded the surface of the embossed image a bit to highlight the design, and then adhered the strips to the black mat on my card.

An additional white piece of CS was stamped and adhered beneath the colored strips





cu

I used a small leaf punch to cut a leaf from each of the three colors of cardstock and adhered those to the inside of the card around my computer-generated sentiment.

That's it--quick and easy, but pretty, too.

Today, I'll be heading to Ingebretsen's, our local Scandinavian shop, to purchase some lefse to serve with my Thanksgiving meal. I have some Norwegian heritage on both my mother's and father's sides, so I grew up eating this Scandinavian flat bread during the holidays. My sister has all the special tools (round lefse griddle, special rolling pin with cloth cover, etc.) to make it, so her family gets fresh, homemade lefse every year. My family has to be content with store-bought. If I lived closer to my sister, I'd be offering to "help" her make lefse, just so I could get a piece straight off the griddle. It's SO delicious when it's warm and freshly made.

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: