Wish List

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Masculine thank you card...

Just a quick post from me today. I needed a masculine thank you card and just happened to have some of this map paper in my stash. I thought it would be perfect for a guy.  My daughter had also given me some sheets of burlap - what's more masculine than that? I cut a banner shape and used my sewing machine to stitch it across the top to help keep it in place.

The encircled letters were some stickers from my stash. I added some Diamond Glaze to each one to make them a bit more substantial.

I created a couple of corners out of kraft cardstock and inked them with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink before adhering them to my two right-hand corners. If you look closely, you'll see that I also inked the edges of my burlap banner.

I left the inside blank so that I could write a personal note.

That's it for me today. See? Short and sweet!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great masculine card. I use a lot of burlap too for guy cards. I love those corner anchors.

Taunya Butler said...

Such a handsome and manly card - it has such an olde world feel to it!! LOVE the burlap banner and the letters you have used look like old typewriter buttons!! So incredible and just so well done!! Have an amazing weekend!!!

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab male card! Lovin your burlap and great colour theme too :)