Wish List

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Let's Craft & Create Challenge #104: Pearls or Lace

Today we begin a new challenge at Let's Craft & Create. We hope you will join us in creating a project featuring pearls or lace. For inspiration, the DT has come up with some amazing creations. Mine is below, but you'll want to look at all of them. They are sure to inspire you!

For my project, I have turned to one of my favorite color combinations: red, black and white. I realized that I did not have any anniversary cards in my card box, so that is what I decided to make.

I selected a deep red card base and then began choosing some black and white elements to go along with it.  The first thing I did was to cut out a large label shape out of black cardstock for my centerpiece, using a Lifestyle Crafts die.


The lace across the center of my card is some that I found at a thrift store. I love when I can find treasures like this for just a few pennies! I backed it (partially) with a strip of the red cardstock to highlight it. Otherwise it might have gotten lost on my patterned paper.












The foliage is a memory box die-cut that I cut out of some wide glitter tape. The white flowers were made with the Martha Stewart hydrangea punch and the red flower is a Spellbinders die.
















This photo shows the white flowers and the glittery foliage a little better.

Flat-backed pearls were used for the flower centers and also scattered around them for a little more bling.























 




My sentiment was stamped onto a little circle that was cut with a Spellbinders die. It's difficult to see, but those are little embossed hearts around the edge of the circle.












I used the same label die for the inside of my card and a Fiskars sentiment stamp. Do you see the two little pearls that I added to the left of the word "Happy?" I thought I needed a little bling on the inside of my card, too!

I hope you will check out all of the DT projects. There are so many great ideas and wonderful techniques that you will want to see.

Cheryl – that’s me!
 
For more information about the challenge and the prize, visit the Let's Craft & Create blog and link your Pearls or Lace project there soon.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful flowers. I love the black, white, red combo. I use that a lot too.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful and I love the black,white, and red combination. All the details are so pretty and add so much interest to your card. I just didn't know what to look at next. Great job.

ChristineCreations said...

So intircate and and classy Cheryl...paired with that black and white palette and the pop of red...it’s lovely!

Taunya Butler said...

FANTASTIC - so classy, so elegant and just so super lovely!! You have totally excelled in the use of pearls and lace!! And as per usual, your cards' inside is as stunning as the front!! Excellently done and I am going to check out this challenge - it is new to me, so thanks!!! Hope your day is filled with sunshine and smiles!!!

Sue said...

Cheryl, there is just so much to love about your card. The color combo is one of my favorites, the pearls, the lace, and those gorgeous papers and flowers. And of course the way you put it all together. Just gorgeous.
Hugs
Sue

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card Cheryl! Love the classic feel! All the flowers look amazing!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a stunning anniversary card! Your flowers are so pretty, love the glittery foliage :)