Wish List

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Another find at a thrift shop...

One of my favorite thrift shops in my area has been getting lots of crafting and cardmaking supplies lately. I love getting a great deal on some new and gently used items.

Two Stampin' Up stamps I picked up recently were perfect for quick-to-make wedding cards.

The first stamp was the image you see here. I stamped it onto my pretty, embossed paper, and then I stamped it again on plain white cardstock.



It's a line drawing with no solid areas, so I used a black marker to fill in the slacks and the hair on the groom.

While it's not visible in the photo, I added a coating of clear glitter to the bride's veil and the train on the wedding dress. It's SO pretty IRL! If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you might just be able to see a little of it.









I fussy-cut the image and then popped it up on some double-sided foam tape. The little dots you see around the image are dots of glitter. When looking at the card IRL, all you really see of the dots is the sparkle.


On the inside of my card, I used a large Lifestyle Crafts label die to frame the Stampin' Up sentiment and create a black mat. I was a little concerned that my sentiment would not stamp well onto this embossed paper, but it turned out fine! I was relieved, because I had only a little strip of this paper left. Whew!

I have now built up quite a selection of wedding cards. Not sure why...there are no weddings in sight. I guess it's because weddings are such happy occasions, so the cards are fun to make.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Don't you love thrift store finds - and this is such a beautiful wedding card - very nice job.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Cheryl ... bet you were pleased to find that bargain! Love your pretty embossed paper too :)

Hannelie said...

I LOVE that image Cheryl. So elegant!

Taunya Butler said...

BEAUTIFUL and so fitting for the occasion!!