Wish List

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Happy Birthday to my son...

Today is my son's birthday,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SCOTT!

and I hope he has a wonderful day and a year filled with every happiness. I decided to use my Cameo to make him a pop-up birthday card. Who doesn't like pop-ups?

This is a file from the Silhouette online store and includes a base card but no embellishments for the front of the card. I decided on a "star" theme, because the inside design also includes some stars.

I used a couple of Lifestyle Crafts label dies, a computer-generated sentiment and some stars that I die cut from glitter paper. If you look closely, you'll see that I also added some glitter to the word "star-studded" with a glitter pen.

Here is a photo of the spectacular pop-op on the inside. When I showed this card to my husband, he said, "Wow, that's impressive!" And I think it's impressive, too.

I added glitter to my stars on the inside, too. I think my son will be okay with a few glittery stars.

I know that I will use this cut file again and again. It's a little tricky to fold, but if you patiently pop each section out and carefully use your bone folder to crease each fold, it'll all come together in no time.

I have to share a short, personal anecdote. The other day I was cleaning my house and vacuuming all the floors, including the basement floor and steps. My craft area is in the basement, so I definitely needed to spend some of my cleaning energy down there. As I was vacuuming up the basement steps, I noticed that there was a trail of glitter all the way to the top. Guess I leave a little sparkle as I walk from my craft room to other parts of the house! he he

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Wow, Cheryl, that is impressive! Your son will love that you spent so much thought and time on his card. I'm with you on the glitter problem. I find it in the strangest places around the house.

Glittered Paws said...

Well WOW - IMPRESSIVE - what an awesome birthday card.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun birthday card Cheryl! I've never made a pop up card! Looks like fun! Sprinkle glitter where every you go :) LOL

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card, LOVE the pop up feature!

Sue said...

VERY impressive. I love cards that move, think most folks do. What a fantastic pop up.

Hugs
Sue