Wish List

Friday, June 24, 2016

Girly birthday card...

As I have mentioned in past posts, I've been making several birthday cards for boys for my daughter to have in her stash. While I was making those cards, I decided to also make a rather girly card. Even though my daughter had specifically said she needed "boy" cards, I figured I may as well make a feminine one, too, for my granddaughter to give to a friend.

I've had this image colored up for some time now, and have just been waiting for the opportunity to use it. I had cut it out with a Lifestyle Crafts scalloped rectangle. So I inked around the edges of that and added my sentiment. Then I backed it with some pretty paper (from a craft magazine) and put it all onto a pale green card base.



This sweet image is from Cuddlebug Cuties. I've used her images before, and just love coloring them up! I always use my ProMarkers for these, because they blend so nicely

I've added some Glossy Accents to the balloon, along with a sequin for a tiny spot of bling.














I was in a bit of a hurry while making this card, so my inside is very plain--just a stamped sentiment. I think it will do for my young granddaughter to give to a friend, though.

Today we are heading off to the northwest area of the U.S. to visit a daughter and son and their families. I'm so excited! I love that part of the country. It'll be a short visit--just five days--so I'm sure it will be jam-packed with fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl - this is so cute - love the coloring!! Super good and the scallop paper looks so awesome too!!! Have fun on your whirlwind of a trip - wish you were coming my way so I could meet you!! Happy Day to you!!

designbydonna said...

Sweet girl image. Great job coloring. I need to do more of that. I am usually in too much of a hurry. Enjoy your trip.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh she's lovely Cheryl,and so beautifully coloured too!
Enjoy your trip x

Glittered Paws said...

What a cute image - I don't do so well with the big eyes - but you have nailed it for sure.