Wish List

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Vintage Roses by Altenew...

For quite a long time now, I've been wanting one of the stamp sets that features 3-step stamping. I finally broke down and purchased the Altenew Vintage Roses stamp set.

My uncle passed away and I needed a sympathy card to send to his family, as I was unable to attend the funeral. I thought this stamp set would be perfect!

I first created the embossed background panel. I think I used a Cuttlebug EF for it, but I'm not 100% sure. Then I began stamping my rose and leaves.

I used three different colors of ink for the leaves and three different colors for the rose. I also used my homemade stamping tool (similar to a Misti) to make it easier to line up each successive stamp.

Once I was done stamping, I gave my flower a liberal coating of clear Wink of Stella. I think you can see the subtle sparkle in the photo at left.












Here's a photo from another angle that also shows a bit of the sparkle on my rose. My scalloped rectangle was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die.

On the inside, I added a lavender mat behind my sentiment panel. I believe the sentiment and the little sprig are Technique Tuesday stamps.

When you read this, my DH and I will be enjoying a camping trip to Iowa. I wrote and scheduled this blog before we left.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, Cheryl.
This is a beautiful card - I love these roses, but just couldn't bring myself to invest in all the inks!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful sympathy card - love this stamp set. Did you use dye inks?? It is always a sad time to make a sympathy card for a family member.