Wish List

Friday, September 16, 2016

Eeeek! Halloween will be here before we know it...

This was a very quick Halloween card using a stamp that came from a $1.50 bin at Michaels. I heat embossed this haunted house image which also included only one little bat. Can you tell which one it is? It's the one that has a slightly different shape than the rest.

I wanted to fill out my scalloped oval with a few more bats, so I used a tiny bat punch (Recollections) to make a few more, which I adhered to my oval with liquid glue.

The "eek!" was cut out with an old alphabet die set that I picked up at a thrift store. I'm not sure what brand it is, but I kind of like the font and the letters are a great size for cards. The set includes a bunch of punctuation marks, including the exclamation point.


The inside of my card is pretty simple. I heat-embossed my sentiment stamp (by Hampton Arts, I think) and added a few more of my punched bats.

Since this card is pretty sedate, it will go to an adult. The grandkids like cards that are a little more exciting, so I'll show you those in the next couple of weeks.

Hope you are all having a great week and looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a spooktacular card Cheryl! Great find in the $1.50 bin! The embossed haunted house looks awesome! Love all the shimmery bats fluttering about!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how cute and love Michaels bargain bin. Looks very cool embossed. I have not been making good use of my time - haven't even thought of Halloween cards yet. Oops

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh what a fab spooky card, that stamp was a real bargain!
I'm sure you're having a fab time on your hols, I've always fancied going to Canada!