Wish List

Friday, July 21, 2017

Tea for four...

I made this fun birthday card using a heat-embossed triangular doily stamp from a set that I haven't used in ages. It's a clear set and is one of the first I ever bought for heat-embossing purposes. I'd love to tell you who makes it, but I'm writing this blog post in my RV (so I can't go to my craft room and check), and I can't remember for the life of me! The Happy Birthday stamp is a freebie that came with a magazine.


My teacups were cut using two dies from an unbranded set. I love that there were two teacup dies in the set, each with the handle pointing in the opposite direction so they could be stacked.

I simple selected some scraps of printed papers, cut them out and inked around the edges of each of them.












On the inside of my card, I used an old wood-mounted stamp that I bought at a thrift store. I'm not sure what the brand is, but if I had to guess, I'd say Stampin' Up, since a lot of those stamps seem to get donated to the thrift store.

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, we're currently camping in our little RV. The air conditioner in the dashboard has stopped working and we'll need to get that fixed. But thank goodness the air conditioner for the main part of the RV is working well. It's been 90+ degrees Fahrenheit here, so it can get toasty in a little tin can RV like ours!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, I love going to tea parties. A friend and I host tea parties occasionally. The tables are so pretty set with different patterned cups. So I like your different print cups. The embossed doily looks like a real lace one.

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty - and yes how nice that the dies had opposite handles - makes them stack very nicely. Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Lynne in NI said...

LOL this would be perfect for my friend, you've never met anyone who could drink so much tea, and I thought I was bad!