Wish List

Friday, September 29, 2017

A couple of quick birthday cards for my stash...


I wanted to add a couple of quick birthday cards to my stash, just to keep the number of cards on hand at a comfortable level. You never know when you're going to need a card on a moment's notice!


I grabbed a couple of kraft card bases and a couple different colors of cardstock.

Then I picked out a Recollections flower punch, along with an unbranded flower die, leaf die and "wavy lines" die.

Oh, yes, I also picked out a CTMH Happy Birthday stamp.






With all my tools at the ready, I first stamped my white panels, adhered the wavy lines, and then ran them through my Cuttlebug with two different embossing folders (just to see what I would like best).

I inked the punched and die-cut flowers, layered them and glued them on with the leaves. As a final touch, I added a sparkly enamel dot to each flower center.





The inside of each card looked like this, but the other one had a pink mat and stamp, of course. The stamped sentiment is from Fiskars.

Two cards, done and dusted, in no time flat!

I will soon be sharing some photos with you from our trip to Europe. It's so much fun to go, but it's also fun to get home again.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh-- a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Pretty flowers. The wavy lines create movement and interest. Great QACAS cards. Good to have some stash cards ready to go.

Hannelie said...

Two beautiful cards! Love it!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Two fabulous cards for stash Cheryl! Whoever receives these will be very lucky! Love the bold colours of the flowers in contrast against the white and kraft colours of the card-stock! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Cheryl! Love the embossed backgrounds and the pretty blossoms!

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Cheryl! Love the embossing :)
Looking forward to seeing your holiday pics ... pity we hadn't co-ordinated our hols better and we could have met up in Alicante for a little cocktail!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how pretty - love that you glued on your wavy lines then ran it through the Cuttlebug, really adds a pop of texture. Great to have cards in your stash.