Wish List

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Getting started on my Thanksgiving cards...


I have been working on Thanksgiving cards for my family members. I don't make too many of them - just a few for the relatives to let them know we're thinking of them on America's day of thanks.

I had these feather dies (unbranded) and wanted to use them, so I made a few different versions of this card. I'll just show you two of them here, as the differences are pretty minor.


I enjoyed cutting the feathers from different colors of cardstock. I think this card could actually be used for several different occasions since the design isn't specific to any holiday.

But what could I put on the inside that would tie it all together? I decided to write my own sentiment, and here it is:


As you can see, I stamped a feather behind my text by first stamping off and then stamping again, without re-inking, onto my card.

If you're looking for a unique sentiment to use with your own feather dies or stamps, please feel free to use this one.  I'm always happy to share anything that I write myself.

Well, I finally cracked the "C" plate for my Cuttlebug right in half! Actually, it broke into pieces that are approximately 1/3 and 2/3 of the plate. I checked at my local Michael's store to see if they had any in stock, and they don't even carry the machine, much less the accessories for it!! I may just have to order one online. If you know where I can get a good price, please let me know. In the meantime, I'll be doing my best to die-cut and dry-emboss with a broken "C" plate.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Pretty cards and so thoughtful a sentiment. You did a great job writing that. I agree, these could be more than one occasion card. they would be great masculine birthday. Have you tried eBay for either parts or used Cuttlebug?

Glittered Paws said...

Oh my love not only the feathers but also the inside sentiment - and I justmay "case" it.
Oh no - can't imagine the cplate breaking - signof true love of the machine. Did you check with Hobby Lobby. If not I'm thinking you will have to order.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, these are fabulous, love the colours you used. And 'wow' for the sentiment inside, you're a real poet!
Sorry to hear about your C plate, I think I'd cry if I couldn't get a replacement :(

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving cards Cheryl! I like the various colored leaves and the pretty patterned papers!