Wish List

Monday, November 13, 2017

We always need extra thank you cards...

I happened to have this pretty die-cut butterfly laying around, and I decided it needed to be put to good use.

To make the butterfly, I had inked up some watercolor paper with Brushos crystals, spritzed them with water and let them mingle with each other and then dry. Once it was perfectly dry, I cut out a few butterflies, using all of them on cards except this one.

To create my patterned background, I cut a piece of peach colored cardstock and then used a stencil and finger dauber to apply a couple different colors of ink. I tried to capture some of the same colors of my butterfly.

My white rectangle was cut with a Spellbinders die, and the sentiment was a freebie that came with a magazine.

Just a few flat-backed gems finished off my card. I actually really liked how it turned out.

Here's one final peek that shows how pretty the butterfly is when its wings are lifted up a bit. I always wonder if those who receive cards like this ever think to do that...because you know they get flattened in the mail!

I am busy now making Christmas cards, trying to make 10 of each design that I come up with. I will be sharing them with you in the days ahead.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful butterfly! Such a beautiful card Cheryl!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a pretty card Cheryl! Love that panel and background and I love that you cut your pretty butterfly out of a technique piece (I can never bring myself to do that) but I think I will from now on! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great week! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

designbydonna said...

Beautiful card. That is my favorite butterfly. The stenciled paper looks great.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! Your card is gorgeous! Love the pretty stenciled background and the gorgeous butterfly! Stunning! Can't wait to see your collection of Christmas cards!

Glittered Paws said...

Love your Brusho butterfly - it is so delicate and the colors are beautiful. Like the stenciling for your background as well.
I got a little behind the last couple of weeks so trying to play catch up. Haven't ignored your blog just not written comments LOL